Want to help make make change? Join our steering group!
Do you want to see a greater shift to walking or cycling across Greater Manchester?
Do you wish to get more involved in actively making change?
Do you want to be part of a group of like minds?
Do you have connections and skills that you would like to use to help make change?
Walk Ride Greater Manchester is the walking wheeling and cycling campaign for the region and we are currently seeking new members for our lively and friendly steering group.
The group meets monthly to steer and support the campaign.
We’ve now opened applications for new steering members to join and would welcome interest from anyone whatever your skillset, if you have time and energy to get involved.
We’re looking for people who;-
- Have ideas about how to help build the network, and time to help make them happen
- Can give some regular time every month to get involved with the group and attend meetings
- Like building alliances and connecting aligned agendas and people
In addition, we are particularly looking for people who have some appetite for and experience/skills in (or willing to learn!) in the following
- Communications (eg writing a newsletter, content on our website or social media, media relations)
- Fundraising (eg grants, sponsors, events)
- Local government / politics
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Infrastructure standards
- IT / Admin (simple tools like google docs/drive)
- Monthly meetings ( zoom/ face to face) – attendance, and shared accountability for meeting admin
- Ability / time / desire to lead on a small area of responsibility
Closing date: end of Sunday 19 Feb.